Glenn's 1974 Beetle Restoration

The Interior

You can contact me at or visit my Home Page

I wanted to keep the interior somewhat stock like the exterior. I replaced the original torn and yellowed headliner with a OEM replacement. The door panels were replaced with a set from West Coast Metric. I used 3 mil plastic for the vapor barrier and the 3M spray adhesive worked perfectly. Dynamat sound absorbing material was installed on the floors, firewall and rear 1/4 panels. That should help keep the noise down. Since I was not going to have a rear seat, I had a custom carpet set made using Dyna Pyle black cut pyle. It's easy to work with and very easy to clean. It will wear like iron and last a long time. My old Recaro KR seats were in very good shape except 20 years of my butt on them wore the fabric out. I had Auto-Mat recover them using Recaro Avus black fabric. The came out looking like new for alot less than a new set. I also replaced the old headrests with new ones.

[Prev] [Next]
Back to main restoration page